Thursday, June 27, 2013

Catching up!

Well obviously, I am horrible at this whole blogging thing... Since my last post was in January of 2012. But I have decided that I will try to be better. I think the hardest thing for me about having a blog is knowing what to say. Spencer and I both are constantly going and I feel like most of the time I don't have anything exciting or really meaningful to write about. I expressed this concern to my two cute friends Annie Andersen and Liz Jorgensen and they said you just need to write. So, I will apologize right now to any of you who read this and think "why is she rambling about nothing", but now that I am out of school (WAHOO!!) I have a lot more time on my hands and I am really going to try to do this.

A couple years ago Spencer got me this awesome digital scrapbooking software that I have fallen in love with. It is called MemoryMixer. I used to love to scrapbook but I soon realized that it was extremely expensive, hard to store all the necessary supplies, and time consuming. Well I decided that I would try out digital scrapbooking. I just finished the first year of our marriage, now that we have been married almost 3 years... haha but I am working on getting all caught up. I am going to see if I can figure out how to upload it onto my blog so you all can see it! Yay! It worked so here is what I have done so far....










































Ok sorry this may be a really long post... But I was just so excited with how this turned out.

Hopefully seeing this scrapbook will help update everyone with things that have gone on.

A lot has happened since I last wrote. My cute brother returned to his mission after a year long wait. He is doing well and honestly dropping weight like crazy. He has now been out 4 almost 5 months and is already down more than 40lbs. As most of you know, Brandon was very proud of his size but he couldn’t be happier right now. When we got to talk to him on Mother’s Day I felt like I was talking to a whole different Brandon. Not that Brandon was a terrible person by any means; he just didn’t care to spend too much time with his family or show very emotions- he was a typical teenager. He just seemed at peace and his countenance beamed through the Ipad screen. I love that boy so much, miss him like crazy but I am beyond proud of him. Here is a picture of us talking to him on Mother's Day! I will put more up so you can see how much he has changed.



As for my other darling sibling, Kayla is doing amazing. She is growing and quite honestly I can’t believe that she will be a sophomore this year. She is quite the babe. My Dad plans on polishing his riffles for when members of the other sex enter the door of the Benson household. I am also very excited for her as she just made Varsity Cheerleading. This at first was quite comical since the Benson family is not cheerleading material (not that there is anything wrong with cheerleading). Kayla was even a little leary at first but I think she is enjoying it so far and I am excited for her. I know that it will make her High School experience that much better since she will be so involved. When Brandon saw this picture, he made a special request if they could possibly get Kayla a longer uniform... love that kid (being the older protective sister I concur).  


Well, things are also changing for Spencer and I. Spencer has changed his major again… (smile) but I think he has finally decided and is going to stay with this one. He is pursuing a communications degree. The exact degree is called Strategic Communications, for all of you who just wrinkled your forehead and thought whatever that is- it is pretty much a business degree focused on advertising, marketing and public relations. I always thought Spencer would go the business route; he is just so great with people and an awesome salesman. He is excelling with his school work and I couldn't be more proud!

In May I was able to finish my Bachelors! I am officially a BSN nurse! I never thought I would see the day when school would be over but it ended and it has been so nice to be done! My graduation was awesome. I actually got to speak at it since I was the Valedictorian of the Bachelor graduates of the Science Department. Honestly, when the dean emailed me to deliver the news I was shocked. I even had to have Spencer verify the email that it said what I thought it said. I have had really good grades but I was not expecting to be the Valedictorian by any means. It really was an honor and we had a blast with my family and our really close friends, the Whittington's, in St. George!



One proud husband... Or just
excited that his wife's stress
level just dropped dramatically.
Thanks for putting up with me babe!

Other updates: I started a new job last October at Primary Children's Medical Center. I was hired to the Infant Medical/ Surgical Unit and I have loved every minute of it. I get to go into work and take care of babies. It is the best job ever- really my dream job! The unit is specific to ages 2 and below. One time I took care of a 3yr old and it was a change being able to actually communicate with my patient. I really have loved the change and it is such a good fit for me. I have awesome managers and co-workers and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

Well... I think that is all for now! Until next time...




2 comments:

  1. Colester! Keep 'em comin! You guys are the best! That digital scrapbook thing is a sweet deal - maybe I'll hafta invest in it for Ellen.
    That top left Key West picture had me laughin' for about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! So glad you updated us and shared your scrapbook! Makes me wanna do something like that! Love you girl

    ReplyDelete